She has condensed her book (and what had been a day long seminar) into just less than 2 hours.
Here are the topics she covers (and titles of the chapters):
- Know your value to your organization
- Delight your clients
- Expand your political influence
- Please your boss
- Impress decision makers
- Choose an instantly credible professional image
- Ensure positive communication
- Marketing, advertising[,] and public relations
- Gathering and using evidence to support decisions
- Behaving ethically
- Sustaining your green and growing career
One of her strong points was about building relationships. When she sees cuts, she asks, "what was their relationship with 'their' librarian. Is that what caused the attitude?"
Her final slide was a quote from Martin Luther King, Jr. (bold added for emphasis):
Some of us, of course, will die without having received the realization of freedom, but we must continue to sail on our charted course. We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinte hope. Only in this way shall we live without the fatigue of bitterness and the drain of resentment.Great program.