ALA 101 Summary
I originally posted this (back in 2006) because I was getting questions about it, and I could not find my own posts easily. It has now been almost exactly 7 years since I wrote the series. So, here is a page with links to my posts about ALA. I am also using this as an experiment with the newer Blogger feature which allows pages.
The series is in eight parts:
- Round Tables
- Buildings and Finances
- Overall ALA Structure and Governance
- CLENE (a round table) has changed its name to LEARN. I would note that there is some good stuff in the comments.
- ALTA, which had become ALTAFF merged with Friends of Libraries USA (FOLUSA) to form United for Libraries: Association of Library Trustees, Advocates, Friends, and Foundations.
2014: Additional Resources
- A guide for ALA staff which includes a glossary of organizational terms: ALA 101: Structure, organization and governance (An overview for ALA unit managers)
- A list of links compiled by Alaska Chapter Councilor Dan Cornwall: ALA Council Resources
2015: More info
- Volunteering for ALA and Division committees - how it works ALA Committee Volunteering - part of the inside story