Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Wisconsin Cold at last

The Eau Claire River is finally freezing over. This photo is from two days ago, and there is another one on Flickr. The Flickr photos include notes.

I noticed as I drove home this evening that there are parts where the whole river is frozen over. Of course today was warmer than yesterday (high of 19 vs 15). It seems to me, as someone who is used to driving over bridges with tidal salt water that these rivers should have frozen earlier. I know that at least one "polar bear plunge" was cancelled because it was too cold (and now I can't find the link!). Those were words I thought that I would never hear in Wisconsin, at least not when the temps were above zero.

Next year, look for me doing one of the New Year's Day plunges!

No comments:

Post a Comment