One of his first screens has as its title:
He described millenials as having an "impatient sense of entitlement." I love that phrase. He also used this quote (whose source I did not catch): "The worst level of Internet serviced that users will accept is the best level of service they have ever seen."
- In his list of "2.0" techniques his lists ended with: Rinse and repeat.
- He defined "2.0" as -- Better, faster, cheaper
- Standards are a lot like toothbrushes: Everyone agrees that they are important to have, but no one wants to use somebody else's.
- He is showing some great shots of his academic library and the inside of their building....
- "Era of the traditional integrated library systems is over." Andrew Pace
- Great lie of the early 21st century is interoperability.
- Software as a service: how can we get this thing to more people at a cheaper cost.
- Doesn't have to be perfect, perfect is the enemy of good.
- Nice demo of Endeca at NCSU [but it was 75 minutes in before he even got there! Good job Andrew!]
His presentation is
Stay tuned for more.
[Link info updated 3:13 pm after verification by Andrew.]