Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Loss to the Profession

I was shocked to read this morning of the tragic death of two ALSC leaders. My friend and Council colleague Aaron Dobbs posted to the Council list this morning about the deaths of Kathy Krasniewicz and Kate McClelland. Kathy was the Youth Services Librarian at the Perrot Memorial Library, and Kate had retired from there in 2007.

I saw Kate mostly at Conferences, and several times rode to or from the airport when I lived in Connecticut. (Since I lived further away, she would get picked up by the shuttle after I was on board.)

Kate was the President-elect of ALSC, the Association for Libary Service to Children. There is a spot on the ALSC blog for memorials.

Both the article in the Denver Post, and the article in the Greenwich Time give more details.

This event casts a pall over the success of the ALA Midwinter Meeting 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment