Well, the editor of the library newsletter in Wilton, convinced me to do the same about a typical day for me. It was one of those days, including dropping the youngest off at day care (so it had to be about 1989 or so), with Rotary, book selection, and a phone call from the elder son that he forgot his keys and broke the window in the back door to let himself (and his younger brother) in the house.
Funny, yes. True? Mostly. Now how about today:
- Dropped my car keys in the storm drain
- Called WPCA (sewer folks) who got them out
- Visited a branch on the way back to work
- Had a staff member at a short staffed branch resign
- Call from the FBI for the old typewriter ribbons
- Innumerable ALA Council emails over Councilors behaving badly
- Met to deal with food for the weekend (I am co-Head Cook, how many coming....don't know yet. Could be 150, could be 200.) Ordered food for 175.
- Made appointment for oil change & to fix dragging bumper part (from AUGUST!)
- Attended City Council Budget and Appropriations Committee (made some folks nervous -- good!)
- Got home for dinner at 7:45 pm
- Had three phone calls about scouting stuff before dinner!