- Here is a thoughtful post from Helene Blowers about books and print, it has a catchy title, too: Future of the book is not a "container question"
- An interesting article from PW about the Google Book Search Settlement and a panel discussion at New York Public Library
- When you "buy" a download, can you keep it forever? Some think not. Here is an article from boingboing on the topic.
- Streaming video is displacing DVDs
But I wonder where does that leave the majority in Louisiana who do not have Internet at home?
- He also has some cogent thoughts on Bing and Yahoo (As he suggests, I have started using Bing.)
- I picked this up off PUBLIB, where the poster noted that this conservative paper generally is against any taxes and increases in public spending, but does support public libraries. It is an interesting article.
- Archiving the transition of power in Alaska This shows the important role we libraries have in conserving today's information for tomorrow's researchers
- I am a little disappointed that I did not make the Top 100 list, and I have some quibbles, like librarian.net not being in the top 5! But there are some other obviously good choices. There were even a few I had not followed/found.