Tuesday, December 04, 2007

An Anniversary

It has been a year (today) since I started work in Wisconsin. It has been an interesting year with challenges related to the fund raising as well as to the "new culture" of the upper Midwest.

One year ago today it was snowing in Eau Claire. It is snowing now. We had 6 inches of snow (which ended as sleet/rain) on Saturday night. The public works department has done a great job of clean-up. I'm guessing we are in for a spell of snow. One to three inches are predicted for today, and more on Saturday. One weather forecaster confidently predicted a white Christmas since he does not expect the temperatures to get above freezing this month.

I am glad I bought snow shoes, I think I see some adventures on snow in my future!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michael,

    Happy Anniversary and thanks for your contributions to Uncontrolled Vocabulary. May you have many successful years in your newish position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I'm a writer recently relocated back to my hometown of Bloomington, IN after 21 years of big-city living in Seattle and NYC.

    It's a relief to slow down and dwell in my university-oasis-Dharma-burg, so I am curious - what exactly is the "New Culture" of the Upper Midwest?

    Thank you,

    Joy Shayne Laughter

    ReplyDelete