Friday, January 19, 2007

Wisconsin Lessons





I'm not a cheesehead yet, but I have registered the car in Wisconsin. Upon my return from ALA Midwinter, I'll do the driver's license adventure. (That will probably be "bloggable.")

Lessons I have learned in Wisconsin:
  • Leather soled shoes do not work well in the winter
  • You can't leave your hairgel in the car. It will freeze, and it is hard to apply when frozen.
  • Cheese curds are good, and not as awful as they sound. I still haven't had fried cheese curds.
I learned the first one painfully when I slipped on a patch of black ice while hurrying to a meeting at City Hall. I slipped, scratched my glasses (since repaired), got a gash on my forehead, and many bruises. Even my dress shoes now have at least a rubber insert. Not good for dancing.......but.

I learned the second lesson the hard way, also. However that lesson is more humorous than anything else.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:08 PM

    Hi Michael! Hope you're enjoying Eau Claire. I recognize that bridge in the picture, and is that building part of UW, or is that the PL?! Say hi to Uncle Ron for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the L. E. Phillips Memorial Public Library in the background.

    ReplyDelete