My last cribbing from Stephen Abram is about what you need in order to learn. 12 Really Necessary Things to Learn
He gives credit to Guy Kawasaki for this list of twelve things to learn this year. Here's the list:
- How to talk to your boss.
- How to survive a meeting that’s poorly run.
- How to run a meeting.
- How to figure out anything on your own.
- How to negotiate.
- How to have a conversation.
- How to explain something in thirty seconds.
- How to write a one-page report.
- How to write a five-sentence email.
- How to get along with co-workers.
- How to use PowerPoint.
- How to leave a voicemail.
I am glad that several of these are skills I already have, and am working on the rest. (#7 is particularly hard for me!) Read the whole detailed post here.