Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Diet Update

It has been a while since I talked about this.

I have been under 200 pounds for three or four weeks now. That is not bad. I've even sometimes had seconds, and had more than one drink in a week, and still stayed at that weight. Maintenance is good, even if I'd be happier with a slightly lower weight.

I've been pretty good about the exercising, although with the cooler temperatures, bike riding has suffered. I have been swimming 4 or 5 days a week. I've been doing the work out on the Nautilus equipment either Monday, Wednesday, and Friday or Tuesday and Thursday, and alternating the 3 day a week work out with a 2 days work out.

With the changes coming up in my life, my goal is now to get to a steady 190 pounds by the end of the year. If you count the start date of this adventure as February 1, that would be 80 pounds over 11 months, or almost 30% of my body weight in that time. Seven and a quarter pounds a month is not too bad, and certainly a slower pace than on shows like The Biggest Loser.

I have made lifestyle changes. I want to keep the weight off.

No comments:

Post a Comment