Sunday, September 17, 2006

What is a Spa?


Sturbridge 001
Originally uploaded by Michael Golrick.
Well, in Central Massachusetts, don't expect to get a back rub, or exfoliated there. I grew up just outside of Worcester, and in that city an the surrounding area, a "spa" was what many would call a convenience store or variety store. They are often on the bottom floor of a building which included housing (often with the store owner living above). They are neighborhood stores.

We were visiting Old Sturbridge Village later in the day, but forgot to bring sunscreen, so went out to get some. While driving back, I saw this and just had to take a picture. In Flickr, you can see some other photos in Sturbridge/Southbridge as well a large number of the photos I took at Old Sturbridge Village. Jill says, "I think I created a monster when I bought that digital camera for Christmas!"

No comments:

Post a Comment