Sunday, July 02, 2006

Founders' idea of liberty still holds true today -- And blogging issues

This is the title of a wonderful editorial in today's (7/2/2006) Connecticut Post [the local daily newspaper for Bridgeport]. I have met Jim Smith a number of times, including when I booked him to speak to the Bridgeport Rotary Club. He also knows a number of my staff. I am pleased to say that I did not prompt this editorial. I will be sending him a letter of thanks.

Over the past couple of weeks I have not posted much for two reasons. One is that I had to work hard just to keep up with email while I was in New Orleans at ALA. The other is that on those few occasions when I had time, I had issues getting into the system to post.

I have one long post almost composed (some editing needed still), and two others mentally composed. I hope that over the holiday, they all can get posted.

Other notes: Look for a new photo soon! Also for those who do not actually visit the blog (but read in an aggregator), the bio will be edited since my term on the ALA Executive Board ended with the adjournment of Council III in New Orleans. I am now a Councilor-at-Large.

No comments:

Post a Comment